Trappist Punks Has Moved

Due to growing popularity we are moving to our own domaim, which you can find here: http://trappistpunks.com/

Monday, July 20, 2009

Starbucks to Start Serving Beer?

Starbucks will be opening a new store in Seattle, which will serve coffee, tea, beer, and wine, according to an article by the San Francisco Business Times. They also plan to serve wine and beer at two additional stores in the Seattle area over the coming months. If successful, then the chain may begin selling alcoholic beverages nation-wide. The first store will be called "15th Avenue Coffee and Tea", and serve a half-dozen types of beer and wine, from $4 to $7. I don't know about you, but I personally think this is a desperate attempt to improve sales, and well outside of the company's scope. I hope to find out this news is a joke, but I am fearful it is not. One site I read said they were attempting to create a forum for late-night open poetry where they can serve both coffee and alcohol. Feel free to leave your opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps an attempt to be like a corporate minded Busboys and Poets without the extensive food menu. Personally I would never think to grab a beer at a Starbucks, but I'd be willing to try it once.

    ReplyDelete